Tuesday 3 May 2011

Dale steyn girlfriend

Cast an eye over South Africa’s much-vaunted pace attack and guess which bowler is most likely to intimidate England’s batsmen over the next few weeks. There are a couple of behemoths in Morne Morkel, at 6ft 6in, and Andre Nel, two inches shorter but broad as a barn door, and Makhaya Ntini, not quite so tall, but powerfully muscular. Then there is Dale Steyn, slight and wiry, no midget at 6ft, but in the modern world of giant fast bowlers, he must feel like Gulliver in Brobdingnag.
“When we’re bowling, Morne will come over and put his arm on my head and lean on me like I’m a gatepost or something — the big guys give me a lot of stick,” Steyn said. “But somebody once said to me that dynamite comes in small packages. I’m happy to go with that.”
He may not look threatening, but Steyn is explosively quick and will be a real danger to English ribcages when the first npower Test begins at Lord’s on Thursday. From a low-slung action, he swings the ball late and has regularly been timed at around 95mph. After an annus mirabilis in which he has taken 78 wickets in his past 12 Tests, he is now ranked as the No 2 bowler in the world. Only Muttiah Muralitharan is above him.
But more troubling for England’s top order is that Steyn, 25, has a habit of hitting batsmen who fail to read his pace and trajectory. “I’m short, I’m skiddy and I’m quick, and I think that’s why I hit a lot of guys,” he said. “Batsmen don’t know whether to duck. And when they do duck, it can come through lower than they expect. That’s the beauty of being short.”   Dale steyn girlfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment