Sunday 1 May 2011

Career point

This may come a quite a shock to some of you -- I'm a subscriber to The Sporting News. Yes, really I know it's hard to believe, but it's true.That brings me to the topic of this column.
In the April 25 edition of TSN, they compiled what they considered to be some of the greatest records in sports.
They range from Dimaggio's 56-game hitting streak to Pete Maravich's 44.2 points per game average in college.
It also features a few tidbits of information from former and current athletes and coaches that blend in with the recap of the records.
As a sports fan in general -- and someone who has the ability to speak his mind in this format -- I decided to offer my own thoughts on each of the top 10 records they listed and where they rank on my own list.
Here's TSN's version of the list from 10 to 1 with my own personal thoughts and where I think they should really be ranked:
10. Pete Maravich's 44.2 career points per game -- What the Pistol did was nothing short of amazing. Especially when you consider it was done without the benefit of the 3-point basket.   Career point

No comments:

Post a Comment